Join us at a facilitated workshop to provide philanthropic funders, community housing providers and other investors with the chance to explore new ways of investing in community housing. Register here.
The goal of the workshop, which is being co-hosted by Community Housing Aotearoa and Philanthropy New Zealand, is to develop an investment proposition that will accelerate the delivery of social and affordable housing across New Zealand.
To help kick-start the discussion you will be invited to assess two new funding prototypes, both of which provide an alternative to traditional grant making:
- an equity product
- a working capital debt product.
You will also have the to chance to hear from a wide range of speakers with experience in funding and building community housing including:
- Alastair Rhodes, Bay Trust
- Julie Scott, Queenstown Lakes Community Housing Trust
- Linda Mead, Deloitte
- Paul Minett, New Zealand Community Housing Funding [to be confirmed]
Scott Figenshow, Chief Executive of Community Housing Aotearoa and Liz Gibbs, Chief Executive, Philanthropy New Zealand, will also provide background information about recent social investment initiatives.Scott and Liz will then facilitate a discussion about what is needed to accelerate the provision of social and affordable housing in New Zealand.
Among the questions to be considered are:
- What are the key lessons so far?
- What are the advantages – and disadvantages – of the two prototypes?
- What is the mix of financial return and social outcome that works for everybody?
- How do we ensure the security of the capital invested?
The day will wrap up with a clear set of actions to progress.
Pre-reading material will be provided to registered participants.
Cost: PNZ and CHA member rate $199 + GST/ non-member rate $259 + GST.
Registration price includes lunch, materials and follow-up report.