The Common: Housing Our Communities is a panel discussion that follows on from the hugely successful Artspace A+W•NZ Panel event in August 2015. Negotiating the conversation of communal housing is always undoubtedly complex, especially in times of intensification, affordability and housing supply shortage. This panel, made up of Maori and Pasifika academics, practitioners, artists and politicians, is asked whether 'communal space' should be included in our housing typologies, and how financial structures have a bearing on urban form.
- Liz Seuseu (Architect, Architectus)
- Damon Salesa (Assoc.Prof, Pacific Studies, The University of Auckland)
- Lena Henry (Lecturer, Planning, The University of Auckland)
- Taamati Patuwai (Artist, Actor, Community Leader, MadAve Studios)
- Jade Kake (Te Matapihi, architectural graduate, DesignTribe)
- Albert Refiti (Lecturer Spatial Design, AUT)
- Fleur Palmer (Lecturer Spatial Design, AUT)