Tūhoe Te Uru Taumatua and the Living Future Collaborative New Zealand are jointly hosting this four-day live-in event. This experience will be a unique exchange between manuhiri (visiting participants) and Tūhoe. Tūhoe will share their philosophies for living in unity with Te Urewera - the natural world - and each other. Manuhiri will bring a sharing of whole living systems thinking, regenerative development frameworks, living buildings, experiences and expertise from New Zealand and around the world.
Te ohu means “the working bee”. The focus of this ohu is a collaborative exploration of beliefs, philosophes, principles, purpose and concepts that will guide the design and development of future Tūhoe village communities, within the broader ecosystem. From this process of working together, participants and Tūhoe will each derive value.
VALUE FOR VISITORS
- Immersive experience in the Te Urewera living system and a truly regenerative process, as expressed by Tūhoe.
- A deeper understanding of place-based regeneration, through experiencing Tūhoe, living futures and regenerative development frameworks in action together.
- Renewal of our commitment to the living future and personal wellbeing.
VALUE FOR TŪHOE
- Contribution of diverse expertise and ideas for the development of future Tūhoe village communities, as a part of the wider Te Urewera ecosystem.
- A complementary international perspective on Tūhoe regenerative practices, progress and aspirations.
VALUE FOR ALL
- Weaving of worldviews: a diverse imagining of placebased living and community that enables a real sense of belonging for people and the land.
- Development of our leadership capacity through insights and clarity about ourselves, our individual practice and vocational responsibilities in Tūhoe, wider New Zealand and internationally.
- Experiencing the strength and passion of our living community by being and working together, creating happiness, laughter and friendships.
OUTLINE OF THE EVENT
Day 1: arrive, be welcomed, settle in, meet the hosts and each other, meet the place.
Day 2: experience Te Urewera, get outdoors, contribute ideas to enhance the vitality in this place.
Day 3: conceptualise a future living Tūhoe village, challenge yourself and each other.
Day 4: look back, look forward, capture what you’ve learnt, commit to what you’ll do next.
Cost: NZ$550 (incl GST), covering all meals, accommodation and transport during the event.