The Housing Crisis
Affordable, secure housing and sustainable future-proof cities are a huge concern in New Zealand with its homelessness, growing and aging population. PrefabNZ, the New Zealand Green Building Council and Community Housing Aotearoa are co-hosting this pre-election Housing Issues panel. A spokesperson from the Political Parties has been invited to present their housing action plans at a public audience panel.
Each political party has been asked to consider these points:
1. What is your party's perceived problem with housing in NZ?
2. What is your party's intended response post-election (not what is happening now)
3. How will your party embrace and encourage innovative housing delivery as part of the solution?
Hosted and chaired by Guy Marriage, Senior Lecturer, Building Science, School of Architecture, VUW, and PrefabNZ Board Member.
Confirmed and their written reply:
- Denis O'Rouke, NZ First
- Geoff Simmons, The Opportunities Party
- Julie Anne Genter MP, The Green Party
- Marama Fox, Maori Party
- Phil Twyford, Labour
- Shamubeel Equab, Economist, social commentator, writer and Housing issue expert
- Garry Moore
Go along to hear their plans and decide who to vote for. Hosted and chaired by Guy Marriage (Senior Lecturer, Building Science, School of Architecture, VUW),and featuring: Geoff Simmons (The Opportunities Party), Metiria Turei (The Green Party), Marama Fox (Maori Party), Phil Twyford (Labour), Shamubeel Equab (economist, social commentator, writer and housing issues expert) Garry Moore, former Mayor of Christchurch, now working for the Community Housing Trust in Christchurch and on Board of Community Housing Aotearoa).