Job Advert: National Director – Salvation Army Social Housing
• Lead the newly created social housing programme
• Strategic and operational focus
• Based in Wellington
The Salvation Army has been providing various forms of housing services for over 130 years and is recognised as a significant participant in the social housing sector. They currently manage a portfolio of 300 social housing units nationwide, targeted at providing housing to New Zealanders most in need.
The National Director, supported by a small team, will be responsible for implementing three key strategic objectives over the next five years - the first is to develop a continuous improvement path of operational excellence; the second is to achieve moderate and sustainable growth with the assistance of government support; and the third is to establish and entrench the "Mission in Place" model into the social housing portfolio.
These strategies will require the nationally managed programme to operate with clear governance and financial skill, and in doing so, advance the mission of caring for people, transforming lives and reforming society through the power of Jesus Christ by the provision of social housing for people in need.
• Experience in leading and managing a social housing unit
• Knowledge of the effective and efficient management of property
• Strong leadership capabilities with proven staff management experience
• Demonstrated financial management experience
• Ability to think strategically, articulate and implement a vision
• Very highly developed written and oral communication skills
• Strong relationship building and networking capabilities at all levels
• Identifies strongly with the Christian faith and has a commitment to the mission and values of The Salvation Army
• Relevant tertiary qualification
Applications close: 5.00pm Sunday 16 October 2016