Job Vacancy: Housing Services Worker - Tauranga
- Permanent part-time (30-40 hours per week)
- Tauranga location
- Applications close 1st November 2017
TCHT is a charitable trust established in 2004. TCHT provides housing and housing related services that enhance the wellbeing of individuals, families, whanau and communities throughout the Western and Eastern Bay of Plenty.
About the role
To support TCHT clients and tenants to access and sustain long term housing that is aligned to their needs and support whanau/families through the Healthy Homes Initiative.
This is a permanent role between 30-40 hours per week.
- To work proactively with the TCHT team to develop new housing solutions to meet the identified housing needs in the region
- To support people to access and sustain their tenancies
- To undertake housing needs assessments and develop robust housing plans
- To work cooperatively with other agencies and services in the community
- To undertake Healthy Homes assessment and coordinating intervention to achieve warmer dryer houses
The successful candidate will be:
- A team player and work collaboratively to achieve success.
- The successful candidate will be self-directed and be adaptable
- An understanding and commitment to client/tenant focused practices and principles
- Process and achievement focused
- Have a working understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act an advantage
- Experienced and capable of actively working as part of a team
- Computer literate in Microsoft windows
You will have or are currently working towards a tertiary qualification in a related field, have a high level of financial literacy, strong interpersonal skills, understanding of the New Zealand housing sector, well developed communication skills and be willing to work and build a team that delivers excellent service.
Key requirements for this role:
- Relevant property or management related tertiary qualification
- Significant management and leadership experience
- Extensive knowledge of housing management and housing related support legislation
- Sound understanding of the Residential Tenancies Act 1986
- Experience in the community housing sector is desirable
- Full clean New Zealand drivers licence
To apply for this role please email email@example.com for an information pack.
Applications close at 4pm Wednesday 1st November 2017
At TCHT we are rewarded by helping others achieve their goals.