Job Vacancy: Tenancy Advisor - City Housing
- Permanent, full-time
- Wellington location
- Applications close 31 October
Wellington City Council's City Housing unit has an opportunity for a people-oriented and solution-focussed person who wants to make a difference to the lives of their customers.
City Housing provides social housing with subsidised rent, for households who face various barriers to accessing other types of housing. Our tenants come from a wide range of backgrounds and some have complex needs. The welfare of our tenants is extremely important and our focus is on helping them to sustain their tenancy and providing a safe and stable housing environment.
This role is part of the team responsible for the day to day management of over 2000 tenancies. The successful candidate will be working in a supportive team environment that offers plenty of variety. The job mixes office work and on-site visits with a combination of rostered and reactive tasks, as well as plenty of daily contact with tenants, other Council staff and external support agencies.
As a Tenancy Advisor, you will be part of a team providing a comprehensive tenancy management service with tasks including the following:
- Management of rent and tenant liability arrears
- Handling complaints, maintenance requests and day-to-day tenancy matters
- Referrals to, and collaboration with, social support agencies where tenants have support needs
- Property and site inspections
- Ensuring compliance with the Residential Tenancies Act
- Responding to enquiries and incidents with an understanding of the complex needs of some tenants
You will need the ability to:
- act as an ambassador for the service with a high level of professionalism and maturity
- interact respectfully with people from diverse backgrounds including those with literacy, language, physical and mental health challenges
- demonstrate personal resilience and the ability to self-manage while being a positive member of a team
- manage tenant needs with sensitivity but firmness, recognising the boundaries of City Housing's landlord role
- build and maintain relationships with social and health service agencies
- follow processes and adhere to established policies and protocols
- exercise sound judgement when facing complex situations and navigate, as well as negotiate, towards solutions
- apply strong administration skills and excellence in customer service to everything you do.
In return we can offer you a fantastic working environment and competitive salary. If this exciting opportunity appeals to you, apply today.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand and must hold a full driving licence and be able to drive both automatic and manual cars to apply for this role.
For more information contact Nikki Wake, Senior Admin Support Officer on (04) 801 3224 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at midnight on Tuesday, 31 October 2017.
To apply for this job, please go to our job site www.careers.wellington.govt.nz/home and enter the job code 15663SK.
We're looking for people who share our passion for Wellington and have the same values that we do - to make our city an even better place to live and work.