Job Vacancies: 2 x Community Support Workers
- Fixed term full time (15 months)
- South Auckland location
- Applications close 5.00 pm, 10th November
Otara Health are looking for two AWHI Community Support Workers to join our team for the AWHI (Auckland Wide Housing Initiative) Service. These positions are fixed full time for 15 months for 40 hours per week.
The AWHI service will work with referred whānau on low income with children 0-5 years old who are living in cold, damp, overcrowded and unhealthy homes to:
- Reduce the incidence of housing‐related illnesses
- Achieve equity of health and social outcomes for priority groups, specifically Maori and Pacific whanau across CountiesManukau
- Support whanau to get a home, keep a home and live well in thehome
These are our requirements for this position
- Engage with individuals and families in their homes to support positive actions and healthier housing outcomes
- Manage a caseload, meet timeframes, organise your work, write good reports and make good decisions under pressure
Do you have:
- The qualifications or relevant case management experience for working with families, and working in communities
- Cultural competency with the understanding and awareness of Tikanga Maori and Pacific cultures, and ideally (but not essential) speak Te Reo and/or a Pacific language
- Experience working and engaging effectively with Maori and Pacific families in their homes
- Experience in group or face to face facilitation and understand strength based, appreciative enquiry or conversational interviewing
- The technical skills to be able to use a computer, smart phone and tablet competently
- The ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships within the local communities, organisations and agencies
- A full driver's license
If this is you then email your CV and you must include a covering letter that details how you meet our requirements listed above to email@example.com.
For the complete job description please go to www.otarahealth.org.nz.
Applications Close: 5.00 pm, 10th November 2017