Job Vacancy: Analysts/Senior Analyst: Housing
- Full time, permanent
- Wellington location
- Applications close 14 November
A fantastic opportunity to join our Housing team in 2018!
- Opportunity to work closely with other government departments
- Help shape the policy agenda and direction of the sectors
- Bring your expertise in economics and/or public policy
The Treasury is the New Zealand Government's lead economic and finance advisor. Our vision is to be a world-leading Treasury working towards higher living standards for New Zealanders.
About the Roles:
We have the opportunity for a Senior Analyst to join our Housing team. We are also open to secondment arrangements for the right candidates.
Our role in the Housing team mainly focuses on housing affordability, but it may also involve advising on a range of other housing-related policies, such as housing-quality standards, housing and social policy, the rental sector and social housing. The balance among topics will be discussed with the successful candidate on appointment. An interest in and understanding of Maori issues would also be welcome.
These positions involve working closely with other stakeholder Government departments and agencies to shape the policy agenda and direction of the sectors. While not a managerial position, the Senior Analyst role involves intellectual leadership and mentoring of other team members.
We are looking for candidates with at least five years' experience for the Senior Analyst position. Candidates should have a track record of excellence in:
- Developing real-world solutions to public-policy problems
- Influencing senior decision-makers and other stakeholders through your analysis, understanding of the decision-making context, and excellent written and oral communications.
- Expertise in economics and/or public policy
- Working well with others in your team, and in and beyond your organisation
- Bringing together diverse perspectives
- Listening and persuading
- Communicating complex ideas simply, both orally and in writing
While a prior understanding of the subject areas is an advantage, it is not a prerequisite for appointment.
What We Offer
The Treasury recognises excellence and supports staff to develop to their full potential. We offer the satisfaction of working in a collegial, highly-motivated and high-performing organisation and contributing to the inspiring vision of raising the living standards of New Zealanders.
To apply, visit https://www.seek.co.nz/job/34778561 and click the 'Apply Now' button to follow the online process to register and submit an online application.
Applications close 11.59 p.m. 14 November.
If you have any queries, please contact Tom Hall, Manager (Housing Policy) Tom.Hall@treasury.govt.nz.