Job Vacancy: Housing First Key Worker
- Full time, permanent
- Auckland location
- Applications close 23 November
Lifewise and the Auckland City Mission are seeking a Housing First Key Worker for the exciting collaborative Housing First programme in the Auckland city centre. Housing First provides rapid access to housing and wrap around supports to people experiencing chronic homelessness in the Auckland city centre using the principles of Housing First and a kaupapa Māori approach.
As a Housing First Key Worker you will uncover and unleash the strengths of the people you are working with and walk alongside them as they determine their futures, based on their own choices, and self-determined goals. You will provide intensive, often long-term support based on these goals.
The key worker will have:
- Experience working alongside people with high and complex needs
- Ability to provide assessments and work with people to create and work towards their own recovery plans
- Demonstrated ability to provide holistic support that enhances the mana of the people you work with
- Understanding and ability to broker referrals pathways to other organisations or services
- Excellent inter-personal skills, patience and empathy to build trusting relationships with the Housing First participants and their whānau
- Excellent relationship and communication skills with the ability to empathise and reflect
- Cultural competencies with knowledge of tikanga me te reo Māori
- Relevant qualification or experience in one of the following fields: social work, nursing, psychology, mental health, alcohol and other drugs, occupational therapy, counselling, social sciences, community development, sociology, support work, peer or consumer advisor.
For a job description contact Claudia on email@example.com or phone (09) 302 5390. Email your CV and cover letter addressed to Zoë Truell by 23 November.