Job Vacancy: Social Worker - Emergency & Transitional Housing
- Mangere, Auckland location
- Full-time, permanent
- $45,000 - $54,999 salary
STRIVE Community Trust provides a range of Social Services within Manukau Auckland. We hold "High Trust" status with the Ministry of Social Development and have a "Preferred Provider status" with MVCOT. STRIVE Community Trust is committed to bringing together key people who have the passion for and commitment to proactively work towards assisting Families/Whanau to "Total Wellbeing"
STRIVE Community Trust provides emergency and transitional housing for up to a period of 12 weeks. The Trust will support all aspects of the tenants' lives by providing a full range of wrap-around services with the purpose to attain sustainable and long term housing solutions.
The primary purpose for the Social Worker is to apply the paramountcy of the child principle in terms of safety, and work in partnership with children and their families to provide a relationship of trust.
The social worker collaborates with vulnerable families/whanau to identify and develop family led interventions that aim to
- Address the tenant's complex or serious needs by addressing the underlying causes that led to homelessness and thereby leading to better outcomes.
- Increase family support systems
- Link the family to community agencies to sustain positive outcomes.
All STRIVE personnel are screened and police vetted to assess they are a safe person to work with children.
Successful candidates will:
- Understand and appreciate cross-cultural issues and concerns, in particular knowledge of tikanga Maori and Pacific peoples' culture.
- Experience in AOD eg addictions, meths etc preferrable
- Have comprehensive knowledge of, and established links to, community networks and experience working in collaboration with community service providers, other government departments, including work in cross cultural situations.
- An understanding of intervention and treatment approaches to effect positive behavioural change in young people including any of the following:
- Behavioural theories/ and or cognitive behavioural theory and how they inform assessment an intervention;
- The multiple determinants that can influence people's behaviour;
- Issues relating to mental health disorders, alcohol and substance abuse;
- Have a minimum five years demonstrated experience working with vulnerable families/whanau
- Be self-directed and enjoy working with a team to develop services.
- Have competent written and verbal skills and a practical standard of computer literacy.
- Hold a Bachelor of Social Work degree
- Have a full clean driver's license.
- Have the right to work in New Zealand.
Closing Date: 12th January 2018
Send your CV and Cover Letter to:
STRIVE Community Trust
Fax: (09) 2751191 or