JOB VACANCY: SERVICE MANAGER
Closing Date : 14 Jul 2017
Would you like a rewarding career and a job where every day is different? - This is your opportunity to show your skills and start your journey with Emerge Aotearoa.
- Grow your career, be challenged and realise the potential in you and others around you.
- Looking for a career opportunity that is challenging, exciting and offers development?
- Work for a national provider of mental health, disability and addiction services
- Manage a service in Rotorua
He aha te mea nui o te ao? He tangata! He tangata! He tangata! What is the most important thing in the world? It is people! It is people! It is people!
If you haven't already guessed it, here at Emerge Aotearoa we're all about people! We're culturally connected and hold our values close to our hearts.
Emerge Aotearoa is a national provider of social services including mental health, disability and addiction, employment support and social housing. We operate throughout Aotearoa and employ approximately 1,000 people. Our staff strives to provide mana-enhancing services that promote health and wellbeing for individuals, family, whanau and communities.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated professional to join and lead a dynamic team that is dedicated to really making a difference in our people's lives. We are looking for an enthusiastic Manager who has a solid background within in residential care of clients with intellectual disabilities or high and complex needs.
Our residential intensive rehabilitation facilities operate 24 hours per day. You will use your skills and experience to lead a specialist team focused on delivering a quality service to our people and the community. You will be experienced in coaching, mentoring and rostering of staff and support creative and innovative solutions for service delivery and will be passionate about seeing people achieve their goals. You need to be resilient, a great problem solver and be able to utilize interpersonal savvy to make the most out of daring situations and create a positive working environment despite daily challenges.
Who we're looking for:
We are looking for someone who is positive, flexible, vibrant, confident and compassionate to work in our service.
You'll naturally be a problem solver, quick thinker and enjoy connecting with the community. You'll use your non judgemental attitude and belief to encourage clients and staff to change and grow.
What you need:
- An in depth knowledge and experience in working with clients who have high and complex needs
- 2 years experience of working in a health sector is preferred
- At least two years management experience including managing people
- Worked positively with internal and external stakeholders to achieve service objectives
- A human services qualification is required and an APC is highly desirable.
What's in it for you?
- A company who is committed to supporting professional development
- Join a great team of people who care about supporting and making a difference in the community
- You'll be rewarded by helping people to reach their goals - in return we'll also help you to reach yours
If you consider yourself a natural leader, quick to think on your feet and enjoy connecting with the community then this could be opportunity for you.
Expect to be challenged, developed and excited, both personally and professionally.
Applications close on Friday, 14 July 2017.
How to apply
To apply for this role please visit our careers site – Service Manager, and enter the job code9122MA.