JOB VACANCY: Project Manager - Client Side, Social Housing
Listed: 30 Jun 2017
Location: Auckland Central
Organisation: CORT Community Housing (Community of Refuge Trust)
Salary: Competitive Salary plus Car
Work Type: Full Time
Classification: Construction, Project Management
The CORT Community Housing is a community social housing provider, established in 1987, and is incorporated as a charitable trust and governed by a board of trustees.
The company currently own 150 properties across Auckland and they are undergoing a period of growth with a number of new projects to take that portfolio up to 250 in the next year, with plans to continue that growth in the coming years. Due to the expanded growth they have an opportunity for a Project Manager to take on the responsibility of the delivery of their new projects.
This is a significant hire to CORT as the role will require cradle-to-grave project management expertise across the planning, design, programming, procurement and construction of the project. You will also provide support to the Development Manager on identifying other key opportunities in the Auckland region.
- Working alongside the development manager on the procurement and management of the project consultant and contractor teams.
- Preparation of the tender documents, assessing all tenders and providing recommendations on finalising approved contractors.
- Managing the project programme and that all contractors and sub-contractors are working to timeframes set.
- Ensuring design specifications are being met during the construction process.
- Taking responsibility for the health and safety on site and ensuring all employees and contractors promote a safe and health workplace.
- Helping towards building key relationships with local authorities, consultants, contractors and with internal team members reporting to the Development Manager & CEO.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity the ideal candidate will have significant experience as a project manager with emphasis on residential construction.
You will also have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in either engineering, construction or quantity surveying.
- A strong understanding and knowledge of NZ legislation and contracts.
- Strong leadership and competent in negotiation and client relationship building.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to produce high quality reports.
- A current full driver's license.
On top of the specific skill set required this role would be for someone who is passionate with helping those within the lower socio-economic circumstance, and who are committed to providing a careful service and good homes to people who need them.
To apply in strict confidence, click below or email your cover letter and CV to Matt Donnelly on (09) 303 9093.