JOB VACANCY: Rotorua Homelessness Community Services Coordinator
Listed: 04 July 2017
Location: Rotorua, Bay of Plenty
Organisation: The Lifewise Trust
Work Type: 1 year, fixed term position
Classification: Strategy & Planning
About the business and the role
The full time Housing First Coordinator will assist both the Operational Group and the Governance Group to implement the three work streams identified by the Rotorua Homeless Action Plan, Whiria Te Aroha. The Coordinator will coordinate key work streams; collect data on progress made, and provide communication within the groups and to the wider community.
- You report to the Service Manager in the Lifewise Mental Health and Addiction Service, Rotorua.
- You provide updates to and work under the direction of the Homeless Action Plan Governance Group
Lifewise Rotorua are seeking applications from a Passionate, Committed and Innovative person to be the first Rotorua Homelessness Community Services Coordinator.
The role will provide advice, systems mapping, coordination, and data capture across the social agencies, health providers, and community and government services inclusive of Te Arawa whanau, hapu and iwi. The person will be supported by, and provide reports to, the Rotorua Housing Action Governance and Operational groups representing an inter-agency collective working to end homelessness in our communities.
To be homeless is to be excluded from one of our basic human rights, the right to adequate shelter. Many homeless people experience multiple disadvantages including very low income, poor physical or mental health, unemployment, addiction and exclusion from the social institutions others take for granted. There are additional disconnections for Tangata Whenua.
The Lifewise Trust mission is to challenge injustices, develop sustainable solutions, cultivate caring communities and promote optimism and hope. Our work is underpinned by our values of Respect, Courage and Integrity. If you are ready for a challenge, and to make a difference for our most vulnerable families APPLY NOW for this exciting role.
Send a detailed CV and Cover letter for the attention Haehaetu Barrett (email@example.com). Applications close at end of day on 18th July.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Supporting the Governance Group and building a framework of support for this work among key city leaders. This will include organising the meetings and ensuring follow through of actions with participants, providing practical support where needed.
- Building a coordinated response to homelessness including service mapping for agencies and service pathways for people experiencing homelessness. This should also include information about service gaps from a funding perspective.
- Establishing core data that agencies will collect to track effectiveness of the work, including:
- Completing a count and developing a By Name List that identifies the current rough sleeping problem and prioritises people for support
- data about the number of housing providers in Rotorua and where they sit in the housing continuum
- data regarding the number of people within secondary mental health services who may be homeless or require housing
- the number of people in emergency accommodation
- the number of HNZ and other social housing provider properties, number of vacancies, anticipated number of people who will transition from social housing to the rental market.
Skills and experience
- Excellent relationship management skills including group coordination and facilitation skills.
- Comprehensive report writing skills and exceptional verbal presentation skills.
- Able to establish and maintain data frameworks
- Passionate and persuasive – able to bring others on board to end homelessness
- Knowledge of Te Arawa Iwi and Hapu groups and clear understanding of Te Arawa Tikanga and Kawa.
- Organised and self-managing, confident to seek direction when needed
- Current, clean drivers licence