Job Vacancy: Housing Navigator - West Auckland
- Henderson, West Auckland location
- Fixed Term, fulltime until 28 February 2019
- Applications close Friday, 22 January 2019
He aha te mea nui o te ao? He tangata! He tangata! He tangata!
What is the most important thing in the world? It is people! It is people! It is people!
If you haven't already guessed it, here at Emerge Aotearoa we're all about people! We're culturally connected and hold our values close to our hearts.
Operating through out Aotearoa, we provide high quality housing, support and services that enable people and their whānau in distress due to mental health, disability and addiction, unemployment and homelessness to fully participate within the contexts of family, whānau and community.
We are a Class 1 Registered Social Landlord that understands the importance of helping people retain their housing, ensuring they obtain greater control over their lives, allowing them to recover in their own communities where they have established support networks.
About the role
Providing support from within our Emergency Housing service, this role is focused on housing and connecting tenants with the community. You will also be focused on guiding tenants through the Ministry of Social Development, health service and education where required, to enable clients to reconnect and work through the system.
The service delivery side of this role will require you to work and coordinate with your colleagues in tandem to support the tenants through their journey, providing a safe environment and supporting them with their goals and daily tasks.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for someone who has a genuine interest and understanding of what it is like to experience housing distress and emergency housing.
You will be positive, flexible, vibrant, confident and passionate about working in our service.
You'll naturally be a problem solver, quick thinker and enjoy connecting with the community. You'll use your nonjudgmental attitude and belief to encourage clients to change and grow.
What you need:
- Ideally you will have previous experience in a social worker role
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act 1986 is advantageous
- Demonstrated understanding/experience of working through housing distress is desired
- It's essential that you have a full New Zealand driving licence
- Strong computer skills, a 'can-do' attitude and be able to demonstrate strong personal and professional boundaries
What's in it for you?
- We're serious about professional development - here at Emerge Aotearoa there is so much opportunity to develop, learn and grow, and we have our own team to help people do just that!
- Join a great team of people who care about supporting and making a difference in the community
- You'll be rewarded by helping people to reach their goals - in return we'll also help you to reach your
- Expect to be challenged, developed and excited, both personally and professionally.
How to apply:
Are you up for a challenge? Wanting to have a 'real' impact? Keen to be part of something new?
To apply for this role please visit our careers site careers.emergeaotearoa.org.nz and register your details - Reference 11684SK.
Applications close on Friday, 22 January 2018.
Tautokohia te mana tangata