Job Vacancy: Manager Community Services
- Full time, permanent
- Auckland City
- Applications close Monday 23rd October 2017
Lifewise is an Auckland based not-for-profit organisation with a passion for tackling complex community issues and working with people to achieve change. We are a courageous organisation, committed to innovation and learning. We are looking for a talented Manager Community Services to join our senior leadership team!
This role offers an exciting challenge, leading teams working with people experiencing homelessness, families/whānau under stress, young people, and vulnerable children. You will work in a strength based way and grow the influence of people and communities that use our services in their design and implementation. You will lead our Housing First programme.
The right candidate will use their considerable social service or community development experience to manage a range of existing services, while developing and embedding new service options and evidence models. You will develop new funding opportunities and coach staff to their full leadership potential.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Provide housing and other support for people experiencing homelessness, through the implementation of the Housing First model.
- Develop community development approaches to working with people and families in communities, including leading a team of 15 staff, foster carers and volunteers.
- Lead the team at Merge Café to develop a sustainable service and business model.
- Embed PCOMS and other people driven approaches as a practice among staff and volunteers.
Required skills & experience:
- Significant hands on experience working in the community providing social or community development services (10 yrs +)
- Strong people management experience and team coaching experience, including managing inter disciplinary teams
- Financial acuity including experience in developing and implementing business cases, bidding for contracts, developing new revenue streams and managing budgets
- Advanced relationship management skills including delivery of collaborative projects
- A tertiary level degree, preferably post graduate in social work, community work, youth work or a related field
Please send a completed CV and covering letter (addressed to Moira Lawler) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on Monday 23rd October 2017.
A job description is available on request.